Pages

Sunday 6 June 2010

Joseph Morschauser's 'Frontier' wargames rules

I managed to finish re-writing Joseph Morschauser's 'Frontier' wargames rules today as part of my preparation for COW2010. During the process of re-writing the rules I have not changed any of them; all I have done is to try to make them clearer for a modern audience.

What struck me during the re-writing process is how close the rules are to those used in some board wargames, and one feels that battles could just as easily be fought using a map divided up into grid squares with suitably sized counters for the units. That said, the 3D version using model figures and equipment mounted on stands has much more of an aesthetic appeal to me.

Because the rules were designed to fight colonial battles I have made them available as a downloadable PDF file in the Colonial Wargame Rules section of my Colonial Wargaming website. For ease of access they have not been password protected.

Read and enjoy ... and possibly use as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.