Pages

Friday 25 February 2011

I have been to ... the 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Show

My wife is an amateur genealogist (amateur in the sense that she is not paid to do her family research; her actual research is of a very high and professional standard). As a result, every year we go to the 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Show at Olympia. This is the premier genealogical event in the UK, and there are literally hundreds of different organisations that have a presence at the show.

In previous years several military museums, publishers of military history books and publications, and military historical societies have had stands at the show, and this year I was able to spend some time wandering around what is termed 'the Military Pavilion' (actually part of the upper floor of the hall). I spent most of my time at two of the stands: At the latter stand I was able to talk to Luke Bilton, and tried to persuade him to look seriously at including some wargaming content in future issues. I don't know how successful I was ... but he did not say 'No'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.