Pages

Friday 11 February 2011

There is a courier at the door ...

It has been a rather busy thirty minutes!

I had just managed to write my first blog entries for several days when the doorbell rang and my wife called out to me 'There is a courier at the door for you. You have to sign for a parcel.'

I rushed downstairs – our home office is on the top floor of our house – and collected and signed for my parcel. It contained the vinyl chessboards that I had ordered just over a week ago from WHOLESALE CHESS UK!

Luckily for me, the only ones that they had in stock were green and buff, which makes them idea for use with my portable wargame. Furthermore, the grid squares are 2-inches by 2-inches (or 50mm by 50mm), which means that they are larger than the ones on my existing chessboards, and therefore will allow me to use larger figure bases and/or large scale figures.

Life is looking up!

2 comments:

  1. Bob,
    Further to my email, here is the link to the review:

    http://daleswargames.blogspot.com/2011/02/awi-rules-review-world-turned-upside_09.

    I think you could use a board for each location on the battlefield.

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur1815,

    Thanks very much for the link. I will have a look at it as soon as I can.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.