Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

The Admiral

Just before my birthday I happened to mention to my wife that I had seen a trailer for the DVD of a film that would like – THE ADMIRAL. At the time she did not know where to buy a copy, but a recent search on Amazon turned up a copy ... and it was promptly purchased!
The film is about Admiral Koltchak, who was one of the leaders of the White forces during the period after the Russian Revolution.

What had attracted my attention during the film trailer that I saw was the apparent quality and scope of the battle scenes. I hope that I will not be disappointed when I watch it ... which will – I hope – be very soon.

8 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this one, be interested to here if it's a thumbs up or down!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray Rousell,

    Will do so as soon as I have watched it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. BigLee,

    If it is half as good as the trailer implies, it should be quite a good film.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'm intrigued, time for a Google search for that trailer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

    There are several trailers on YouTube that you might enjoy watching.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unlike you to be so behind the curve, Bob. Got this last year.

    It is spectacular and it is well made and it is a good watch (Mrs Trebian sat and watched it with me and remarked that even tho' subtitled the two hours flew past).

    It is, to put it mildly, a piece of hero worship on behalf of the makers, but still worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trebian,

    Somehow I missed this when it first became available on DVD, and I am looking forward to having enough time to watch it!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.