Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

Back on the road again …

Last night my wife and I visited my father-in-law in hospital. It appears that the fracture in his pelvis is likely to heal within five to six weeks and that he should be able to return home before then.

At work, the dreaded NSS is now finally completed, and the paperwork and marked scripts are on their way to the external verifier by courier. I understand that letters have been sent to all teachers who’s January AS and A2 examination results were below par, and that have been warned that the courses that they teach may be downgraded or removed from next year’s curriculum offer. This is no doubt a foretaste of what is to come, and the situation will become clearer after the Principal talks to the whole staff at a special staff meeting on Thursday after school ends.

I am now looking forward to what I hope will be a bit more free time in the run-up to Easter. The school’s Easter holidays start on Friday 8th April and the last day is Monday 25th April, and I can hardly wait for the break. I have lots of things that I want to do during that fortnight … including some wargaming!

6 comments:

  1. Dreadfull...the way they are trying to save money in that country!!! Cuts, cuts and more cuts!!
    I hope your father in law gets better soon.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul's Bods,

    Being done to save money! I don't believe it! (Actually I do ... and the current 'style' of management seems to relish the power that comes with this sort of 'policy').

    Thanks for your good wishes regarding my father-in-law.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you and your family Bob. Sounds like you've been having a rough time of things lately. Hopefully you'll get some time to yourself soon and relax with some hectic wargaming!
    All the best.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve's Wargame Stuff,

    Life has - to say the least - been 'interesting' of late, but as we settle down to the new rhythm of life we are having to follow, my wife and I are beginning to find time to relax a little. Last night, for example, I even managed to do some work on the latest draft of the 19th century version of my Portable Wargames rules.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a shame when the Powers that Be get it wrong we have to suffer. Hope your father in law is ok

    ReplyDelete
  6. Johntheone,

    It is a shame ... and what makes it worse is that the people who are doing it say that it is being done to 'improve' things!

    The good news is that my father-in-law seems to be getting better ... and to my mind that more than balances out the other problems I am coping with at the moment.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.