Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

I might just squeeze this in ...

We have not had a telephone call from my father-in-law this morning, so it means that it looks like we are not going to have to drive to Herne Bay again today. This means that my wife and I can spend the day helping my brother and sister-in-law begin the process of sorting out my father's house. His health is not getting any better, and it looks very likely that we will have to sell his house sometime in the very near future to help to pay for his care.

It so happens that the route I will be driving to go to my father's house takes us within a mile or so of Sidcup ... which is where SKIRMISH (a twice-yearly Wargames and Toy Soldier show) is taking place today. With a bit of luck I might just be able to 'make' enough time to pay the show a fleeting visit. I had planned to go so that I can buy some figures for my LITTLE WARS project, but recent events seemed to have conspired to make this difficult.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    I completely forgot about this show - for some reason I had it in my head it was in April!

    I shall miss the September one as well as my daughter is off on a trip on the day it is on!

    Oh well, there is always Salute I suppose....

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    It was only by chance that I realised that SKIRMISH was on today and not later in the year.

    I only wish that had had a bit more time to spend at the show ... but then I would probably have spent more money than I did!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.