Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Yet another milestone!

I have just realised that the average number of daily 'hits' my blog has had since I added the 'hit' counter back on 11th February, 2009, has just reached two hundred!

The last two months have seen a big surge in interest in my blog, with well over three hundred 'hits' per day being the norm. The surge seems to have started at roughly the same time that I began to write blog entries about the development of the portable wargame. This may be a coincidence, but I somehow think that the two things are not unrelated.

I have also just noticed that the 'hit' counter indicates that the total number of 'hits' my blog has had is about to reach 150,000. As I wrote in a blog entry only last month:
'I never, ever expected that anything like that number of people would be interested in 'the random thoughts of an ancient wargamer', but obviously I was wrong.'

'Big thanks go to all my regular blog readers. I'll keep writing my blog if you'll keep reading it!'
That still holds true today ... and I hope that it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

4 comments:

  1. We 'ancient' wargamers just wont lie down and go away. Keep up the good work.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation! And people like me who read your blog via a rss reader are probably not counted among those 200.
    Benoit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johntheone,

    And may that remain true for a long time to come!

    Thanks for your kind comment.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benoit,

    Many thanks for your congratulations.

    I am not sure if people who follow my blog via an RSS reader are counted in (I suspect that they are not!), but I am pleased to find that so many do find my ramblings of some interest.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.