Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

The Brick Wall

I had all sorts of things that I planned to do today, but I have just not done any of them. I have hit the proverbial emotional and physical brick wall.

I suppose that I should have expected it. Over the past few weeks my wife and I have had to deal with my father-in-law's death and it's aftermath as well as the final stages of selling my father's house. We are both feeling very tired and I am certainly exhibiting 'flu-like symptoms ... a sure-fire indicator that we are in need of a rest.

We plan to have a few days rest in the very near future, but in the meantime we have to accept that we need to ease up a bit and allow our minds and bodies to recover. I am hoping that as the day goes on and I feel a bit more motivated I might actually start work on cleaning up and basing my Spencer Smith Miniatures ... but I don't want to start until I feel ready to prepare them properly.

10 comments:

  1. It'll all keep Bob. Sounds like a day to spen in the toy room idly rummaging through boxes. It usually works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gow,

    Funnily enough, that is exactly what I am planning to do!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I was about to say, a good day for slippers and a video or good book. Rummaging idly sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross Mac,

    I have managed all of the things that you suggest, starting with the book - Child 44 - then the video - Gettysburg - and now I am having a rummage/sort out ... and I am beginning to feel better already.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child 44 is a very good, if not exactly cheery read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tim Gow,

    I read it when it was first published, and enjoyed it. I saw a hardback copy on sale for £1.99 (along with a copy of The Secret Speech for the same price) at a branch of The Works and bought both.

    Neither are what you could call 'happy' books, but Child 44 sort of 'hit the spot' with the way I felt today. A dark book for a dark day.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob,

    Hardly surprising given everything you two have had to contend with recently. I would echo both Tim and Ross - a good chill out with a rummage will work wonders for you.

    Just see where it takes you.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both you and your wife deserve a bit of R&R.
    Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. David Crook,

    We have both done very little today ... and feel all the better for it.

    The rummage has helped me ... but some of the things I found have given me ideas for more projects ... which is something I could really do without at present!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jfidz,

    We have taken things easy today ... and both feel all the better for not doing too much. We hope to have a few days away very soon, and that will also help.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.