Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

Too busy modelling (and shopping) to blog!

I have spent quite a lot of today either working on my latest model ship or shopping with my wife.

The ship is finally beginning to take shape (no joke intended!), and the hull is almost complete, as are the gun turrets and the funnels. The main part of the superstructure has been constructed, but I have yet to start work on the bridge and the very distinctive pole foremast. The latter carried both searchlights on platforms (which I do not intend to try to model) and a fire control rangefinder at the top of the mast.


I hope to tackle the bridge and foremast tomorrow, and then begin to assemble all the pieces together ... hopefully by Tuesday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Tom Smith,

    I don't quite understand the reference to Hollister (the nearest branch to me looks like a Chinese Restaurant from the outside but has door personnel to stop shoppers rushing in to buy stuff) as I have never shopped there (nor would I wish to!) and never mentioned on my blog.

    I must admit that your comment has all the look of a spam message about it ... but I don't care!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.