Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Whilst I was away ...

Some time ago I was trawling through the list of Osprey books that were scheduled to be published during 2012 ... and saw that one of them was about the fighting around Demyansk in 1942/43. I pre-ordered it from Amazon ... and then forgot that I had.

You can imagine my surprise, therefore, when there was a knock at the door yesterday lunchtime and I was handed a large package by my neighbour. The Post Office had tried to deliver it whilst I was away, and had asked her to look after it until my wife and I returned. Seeing me getting out of my car had reminded her that the package was still in her hallway, so she popped over to give it to me.


The book is one of Osprey's Campaign series (No. 245) and it is written by Robert Forczyk and illustrated by Peter Dennis (ISBN 978 1 84908 552 6). The book's arrival is very timely as I have been doing some thinking about a future Eastern Front/Great Patriotic War project, and this will be an excellent source of information, ideas, and possible scenarios.

2 comments:

  1. WW2 Eastern Front games? They'll never catch on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gow,

    I suspect that you are right ... but you never know, I might sent a trend ...

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.