Pages

Saturday 21 December 2013

Dardanelles: A submarine wargame

Back in 1988 I wrote a map-based submarine wargame about operations in the Dardanelles. It was intended to try to recreate the exploits of the B-class submarines used by the Royal Navy during the early part of the First World War, and pitted a single player against the Umpire-controlled Turkish defences. I demonstrated the wargame at COW1988 and it was subsequently published in NUGGET 46 and – if my memory is correct – one of the issues of Duncan Macfarlane's short-lived WARGAMES WORLD.


I re-discovered the wargame during my recent sort through my clippings collection and thought that – after a bit of re-writing – it would be an ideal Christmas present for my regular blog readers! I intend to spread the sections of the wargame over the next few days, starting with the Player's Briefing and Notes. At the end I will make the whole thing available as a download in PDF format so that you can play it over Christmas and the New Year ... if you are allowed to!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob

    Have to wait for my turn in the bath, and have to waterproof the rules, I guess.

    Heh heh

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arthur,

      At least the game is playable in a bath; you should try playing it in a shower!

      All the best,

      Bob

      Delete
  2. Johntheone,

    I think that was the chap.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.