Pages

Thursday 24 July 2014

Laid low by a bug

I had hoped to spend Wednesday doing some more sorting out of the contents of the crates I took out of the now-defunct shed ... but it was not to be.

During Tuesday afternoon my stomach felt a bit queasy. I took some antacid but this seemed to have minimal effect. By the time I ate dinner at approximately 8.00pm I felt very bloated and uncomfortable, and nothing seemed to relieve the pain and discomfort. By 10.00pm my temperature was going up and down, and I decided that the best thing that I could do was to go to bed and to try to sleep.

I had been lying down for about ten minutes ... and then I had to rush to the bathroom where I was was violently ill several times. Afterwards I cleaned myself up and went back to bed ... but I woke up at 3.30am and was ill again. I finally managed to sleep through until just before 10.00am. When I woke up I had no appetite, a terrible headache, ached all over, and had a raging thirst. After a long shower and a shave I felt a bit better, and my condition gradually improved as the day went. I managed to eat some dry toast for breakfast and some chicken soup for lunch, and by late afternoon – and after a very pleasant hour or so dozing in front of the TV – my headache finally disappeared.

The twenty-four hour bug was very unpleasant whilst it lasted, but after a good night's sleep I feel almost back to normal ... and now I can get back to the contents of those crates!

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, Bob, that sounds quite unpleasant. Hope you are, by now, back to an even keel and feeling better. Cheers, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAF Bob,

    (Rest and Fluid)

    (no alcohol though)

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legatus Hedlius,

    I am feeling a lot better than I was, but still have a bit of a way to go before I am back to 100% rude health.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Peterson,

    It was a very nasty little bug that came on quite quickly ... but which is not going quite as quickly. I was feeling much better this morning, but as the day has gone on I have begun to realise that I am not yet back to normal. Another day or so should see me completely well again ... I hope!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim Duncan,

    I am getting plenty of fluid (mainly water) but not quite as much rest as I had hoped I would. I am hoping that a good night's sleep will see me better by tomorrow.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.