Pages

Monday 28 July 2014

Little Wars: My 'Danish' Royal Life Guards

A LITTLE WARS session had been planned for COW2014, but unfortunately it was cancelled. This was a pity as I had decided just beforehand to 'recruit' a new unit for my 54mm-scale collection. The figures were old plastic British Guardsmen that I had been given, and I decided that with new mid blue trousers and white belts they would look rather like the Danish Royal Life Guard Regiment (Den Kongelige Livgarde) in their full-dress ceremonial uniform.

The real Danish Royal Life Guards look like this:


My toy soldier versions look like this:



Not 100% accurate ... but good enough for my wargaming needs!

4 comments:

  1. Those look good, Bob! One of my childish follies was trying to paint trews on my Britain's for the Royal Scots Fusiliers,using Testor's gloss enamels. I still have them, as proof of my progress in modelling.
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the same earlier this summer Bob.The figures look good and I can't wait to see them in action on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven Page (Steve),

    Thanks for your kind words.

    Painting tartan trews on even a 54mm-scale figure is beyond my level of ability! It must gave been quite a labour of love to even attempt doing it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tradgardmastare,

    Somehow the fact that I am following in your footsteps does not surprise me.

    There is talk of a LITTLE WARS battle taking place in London later this year. If so, I hope that my Royal Life Guards will be taking part.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.