Pages

Thursday 7 August 2014

Nuggets from the lead mountain

I have now been through the entire contents of the toolbox that was full of painted and unpainted figures, and removed everything that I think may be of use.

Part of the results of my efforts can be seen below in the form of plastic bags containing various figures.

Please click on the image to enlarge it.
The bags contain the following figures (from right to left):
  • Douglas Miniatures Crimean War figures
  • Rose Miniatures American Civil War figures
  • Hinton Hunt Crimean War and American Civil War figures
  • Two bags of assorted Peter Laing figures.
The above figures are in addition to all the painted figures that I have also removed from the toolbox.

One thing does concern me; despite all the 'mining' I have done of my lead mountain, I still have an almost full toolbox of unpainted figures!

One thing that I do need help with is the identity of the following figures.


I found them in the lead mountain and have no idea who manufactured them. Any suggestions or information would be gratefully received.

16 comments:

  1. I can't help imagine you missing a front tooth and wearing a battered prospectors hat now.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Conrad Kinch,

    You forgot the chewing baccy ... and the old mule!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. A.W. Kitchen,

    There are certainly 25mm (the grid behind the figures is made up of 10mm squares).

    They may well be Warrior figures ... but if they are I don't remember buying them.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. the figures are from a defunct range from Warrior, think the range was 1690s, all shown are gunners, if you have any others from that range i'll buy from you plus any HH, DM lads
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old John,

    These are the only ones I have found ... and they are yours, along with the Hinton Hunt and Douglas Miniatures figures.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob
    I am most interested in your kind offer re Jacklex...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tradgardmastare,

    If you send me your address, I will post a selection of Jacklex figures to you.

    All the best,

    Bob

    (My email address is bobthetemplebuilderatgmail.com; just replace the 'at' with @)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking, before seeing their actual identity, that those unidentified figures could stand anywhere from the English to the American Civil War...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Archduke Piccolo,

    They are from that age when figures were made so that they were useable for more than one definite historical period. The figures could certainly be used to crew artillery from about 1675 to 1775 without difficulty.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Warrior 1690s figures i've painted up for Sedgemoor, Boyne etc very handy for 1670 to 1720 period

    let me know how much i owe you for the figures
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old John,

    I hope to post the figures to you on Monday.

    As to the price ... well I'm not worried about you paying for the figures as I am sure that you will find a use for them.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  12. very many thanks indeed for the figures be assured they will have a good home, will let you know safe arrival
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old John,

    I posted them to you yesterday, so you should get them later this week ... I hope!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boys arrived safely, very many thanks indeed, see email i sent you
    cheers Old John

    ReplyDelete
  15. Old John,

    I am pleased to read that the figures arrived same and sound, and that you are enjoying them!

    Thanks for your email. I will answer it in due course.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.