Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

The Waterloo Project: A Grand Review

Now that the original Waterloo project is complete, I have staged a Grand Review of all the varnished and based figures in the collection. The armies are listed below – by nation – in ascending order of size.

Brunswick

  • Infantry: 18
  • Total: 18
Hanover

  • Infantry: 24
  • Foot Officers: 3
  • Total: 27
Dutch-Belgians

  • Infantry: 18
  • Cavalry (Carabiners): 8
  • Mounted Officers: 1
  • Foot Officers: 2
  • Total: 29
Britain



  • Infantry (Guards): 18
  • Infantry (Highland): 18
  • Infantry (Line): 24
  • Rifles: 8
  • Cavalry (Life Guards): 4
  • Cavalry (Dragoons): 4
  • Cavalry (Hussars): 8
  • Artillery (Foot): 8
  • Artillery (Horse): 2
  • Mounted Officers: 5
  • Foot Officers: 4
  • Total: 103
Prussia


  • Infantry: 78
  • Cavalry (Dragoons): 8
  • Cavalry (Hussars): 4
  • Artillery: 10
  • Mounted Officers: 4
  • Foot Officers: 3
  • Total: 107
France



  • Infantry (Old Guard): 18
  • Infantry (Young Guard): 21
  • Infantry (Line): 42
  • Infantry (Light): 42
  • Cavalry (Horse Grenadiers): 4
  • Cavalry (Carabiners): 8
  • Cavalry (Mamelukes): 4
  • Cavalry (Cuirassiers): 12
  • Cavalry (Lancers): 4
  • Cavalry (Hussars): 8
  • Artillery (Foot): 18
  • Artillery (Horse): 6
  • Mounted Officers: 6
  • Foot Officers: 15
  • Total: 208

14 comments:

  1. Jonathan Freitag,

    Thanks very much for your kind comment!

    I am rather pleased with the end result, and I am looking forward to using the figures at some time in the near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on now, Bob, you have 492 figures . . . surely you need eight more so that you can have a 500-figure project . . . so who needs eight more troops?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluebear Jeff (Jeff),

    I do have some more figures to add to the collection, but I am in need of a bit of a break before I do so.

    (The extra figures are from Del Prado's RELIVE AUSTERLITZ range, and are a mixture of French Infantry and enough figures to form a small Russian army.)

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like those armies - the figures present an attractively colourful 'toy soldier' appearance that simply calls for action in the field. Fine work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Archduke Piccolo,

    Thanks very much for your kind comment. That was exactly the look I wanted to achieve ... and with a bit of luck some of the figures will be fighting on my tabletop in the near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splendid - looking forward to seeing them in action!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stryker,

    Many thanks for your kind comment. Hopefully some of the figures will be marching across my tabletop in the very near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bob,

    Very impressive indeed! I have really like the way you have maintained the 'old school' look with the basing - the plain green suits them very nicely. I am looking forward to seeing them in action.

    All the best

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  9. David Crook,

    Thanks very much for your very kind comment!

    I am very pleased with the simple green bases. Perviously I have tended to have simple bases, but these are simpler than anything I have done for years ... and I really love the look.

    Hopefully part of the collection will be appearing on my tabletop in the near future.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressive, Bob! Well done for completing your project during the anniversary year.
    I too look forward to seeing them in action, rather than on parade.
    Best wishes,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  11. Arthur1815 (Arthur),

    Thank you very much for your very kind comment.

    I was pleased that I managed to start - and finish - this project during the bicentenary year of Waterloo ... and having done it I can see why people get 'hooked' on Napoleonics! (I am already acquiring more figures from the RELIVE AUSTERLITZ collection ... and I have some vague ideas about a Napoleonics mini-campaign or two.)

    I want to try out the OHW World War II rules first, and then I hope to use some of my Waterloo project figures in a small battle or two.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice collection! Hope to see pictures of them in action on the table in due course.

    Best wishes,
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prufrock (Aaron),

    With luck some of the figures will be fighting each other in the very near future ... and you can be sure that when they do, I will write suitably illustrated blog entries about the battles.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.